In this Case Study article we will discuss different facets of Backlinks like its definition, importance, types and ways to build them so, let’s start from backlink itself.
Backlinks- In just one sentence ‘Backlinks’ are considered incoming links to the blog (website) or webpage using their company websites or blogs. When someone read your article and if he liked the same and produced content related to the same topic on the blog, they links back that content to your webpage, that’s called a backlink. Still confused, let’s take an example suppose Mr. A writes a post in the blog about Backlinks, When Mr. B goes through that article, founds good and publishes a content associated with Backlinks on their own blog, giving the link of Mr. a post.
Let’s describe the significance of Backlinks.
* Faster indexing- Faster indexing thought to be the most significant part of Backlinks. As due to them Google and other major search engines indexes even a more modern blog or pages or article in a considerably faster rate as when Backlinks from high PR (page rank) site which can be crawled frequently involves your website, which increases crawling of internet search engine bots in your site leading to faster indexing.
* Search Engine Results- Another significant element of Backlinks are which they improve your site search engine’s ranking. If you build or have more quantity of quality backlinks, definitely your site’s search engine results going to be improved as online search engine judge a website rankings on quantity of quality backlinks. If you have more quantity of links, internet search engine show your web site on their top pages. That is again very important for driving traffic from search result’s since we all know that the majority of the traffic which our blog receives arises from search engines.
* Page Rank- Not only search engine results, Backlink also effect Page rank directly, Once you build Backlinks from high PR sites, you can definitely see an up rank inside your next update and we also know how important is page rank regarding SEO. Higher Page rank let’s you ranked high among the competition that have lower Page rankings, which enrich your web site with additional traffic than the others.
* Most of us know that Backlinks are essential a part of SEO (search engine optimisation). Now next we have to focus on best Backlinks building methods or how to build Backlinks? Should you Google for Backlink building, you can find thousands of automated Backlink building tools which guarantees to supply your blog with Backlinks up to you want in a single click. Some of these automated tools are free of charge plus some are paid which provides you backlinks from high PR sites. Sites which provides free backlinks from poor sites decreases your rankings, hence decreases your site performance. Different Paid sites which offer backlinks are detected and penalized by Google after their different updates.
So, from the upper paragraph we arrived at the actual final outcome that people should always try for obtaining some quality backlinks as opposed to enormous bad quality backlinks while keeping ourselves in play safe mode. Now the question arises that what actually a quality backlink is?
Quality Backlinks- A top quality backlink is identified as a backlink which will come from the site which includes content related to your website instead of a link which comes from the site which can be not associated with you. Quality backlink originates from site’s which uses your keywords or sites of same theme. Suppose, site A receives a backlink from the site using same keywords or on same theme such as blogging, SEO, Make money online etc, this link is regarded as quality Backlink instead of it gets a link from an Automobile website. Google gives high importance towards the link which will come from blogging site and gives less relevance towards the link which will come from Automobile site. Google gives high importance to quality links which comes from High PR sites. It considers.gov and.edu as many important I do hope you know what I mean to state.
Now let’s see what are different types of backlinks? You will find basically two various kinds of backlinks the initial one is “dofollow” and another is “nofollow”.
(1) Dofollow Backlinks- Dofollow backlinks are the ones backlinks which are followed by search engine crawlers once they crawl your site. Or we can say when search engine crawlers enters your page, they crawl your entire blog including links, pictures everything, once they crawl a “dofollow” link they, lands at this page. Suppose I link back for you, when crawlers crawl that link they lands in your page, which helps in indexing your site faster. It provides you with traffic as well as aid in increasing your Page rank.
(2) Nofollow Backlinks- Nofollow backlinks are the ones backlinks which contains a “nofollow” tag. When internet search engine crawlers crawl this, they just ignore it. You can see different website source by right clicking and selecting ‘view source’, then use ctrl f to locate rel=”nofollow”. You will see many links with this tag, these links are nofollow links. These links also gives you good traffic however, not beneficial for Pagerank.
Note: You should build dofollow links and tag poor links inside your site using a “nofollow” tag.
Now let’s discuss Best and most effective ways to build quality backinks:-
(1) Social media- Social media marketing and bookmarking site’s would be the always provides us with quality backlinks. Facebook and twitter are always proved nearly as good for backlinks building. Just design your fan page there and begin posting links.
(2) Guest posting- Guest posting is always discussed because the best white hat way of building backlinks. Just go to different sites or blogs that offers ‘Guest post’. Write to them which often present you with quality backlinks and traffic.
(3) Blog Commenting- Blog commenting is the simplest way for obtaining great deal of quality backlinks. Just post comments together with your links (key phrases) in blogs associated with your niche. Definitely they provide ohlnvy with good backlinks.
(4) Site submission to blog directories- Submit your blog to different blog directories including Blogcatalog and Technorati. I also received good backlinks from them.
(5) Forum signature linking- Participate in different forums related to your niche. Many forums uses signature linking, just post your URL in signature linking field and it’s done. (Only high quality forums)
(6) Yahoo answers- Yahoo answers is an additional way getting good backlinks, answers question linked to your niche citing your blog URL.
(7) RSS directories- Submit your feed to different RSS directories.
(8) Article Writing And Submission- Submit your article to several article site like ezinearticles.
If you are following these methods, definitely you will build some good quality back links.